In this episode, we start off with some comedy from John Pinette, and then we are motivated by some of our healthy elders. First, Fit Old Dudes Rock — complete with life tips from Jack LaLanne. Then, 105-year, Pearl, tells us her secret to longevity. We discuss Consumer Reports recent examination of store-bought turkey. Finally, we explore the idea of conventional wisdom in non-health related areas of our lives. After the Bell, it's 2013's TED Prize Winner.
Support for the Show
- ManGrate - Perfect grilling makes the perfect Father's Day gift. Use coupon code "PALEO" for the best prices.
- Michael O. in Michigan; Pedro C. in Brazil; Jesse H. in Canada
- And you! Use a Latest in Paleo Amazon Link before your next online purchase...costs you nothing, helps the show big time.
- John Pinette - Cruelty Free Beef & Vegans
- Fit Old Dudes Rock
- Advice from a 105-year Old: EAT BACON!
- 90% Chance of Dung in Your Turkey
Moment of Paleo
- Why Some People Must Escape
After the Bell
- The Future of Learning - Sugata Mitra - TED
- A New Story of the People: Charles Eisenstein at TEDxWhitechapel
This Week's Music Selections
- http://ccmixter.org/files/cuajitoben/29148 - Opening
- http://ccmixter.org/files/Zapac/26047 - Intro
- http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/286532/old-man - Fit Old Dudes
- http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/528479/pig-roast - Bacon
- http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/195009/poop - Turkey
- http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/1007988/do-or-die - Escape
- http://ccmixter.org/files/rocavaco/24638 - Outro