On this week's show, it's all about the human body. We start with a couple of great trailers, then dive into the news: healthy ancient teeth, kombucha, low-calorie fries, The Heart Attack Grill, 2-year old having gastric bypass, and Paleo skeptics. There's a Moment of Paleo segment and After the Bell features Daniel Lieberman.
Support for the Show
- TX Bar Organics - Use coupon code "latestinpaleo" to save 10% (one word, all lowercase). Grass-fed and grass finished raised on a family ranch in California. They provide steaks, roasts, offal cuts, ribs, stew meat, ground beef and more shipped anywhere in the continental United States.
- Listeners Making Donations
- Big Thank Yous to: Matthew B. in New Market, MD; Pedro C. in Brazil (5th donation); James & Kathleen G. in New Orleans, LA; and Loren G. in Manchester, Lancashire UK (3rd Donation)
- And you, too! Use a Latest in Paleo Amazon Link before your next online purchase...costs you nothing, helps the show big time.
- Trailer, The Perfect Human Diet: Free Streaming with Amazon Prime • Free Trial of Amazon Prime
- Course Trailer, Evolution and the Human Body, Dan Lieberman, Harvard: http://commonhealth.wbur.org/2013/09/caveman-syndrome-todays-killer-disease-evolutionary-mismatch
- Ancient Chompers Were Healthier Than Ours (Thanks, Sean G.): http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/02/24/172688806/ancient-chompers-were-healthier-than-ours
- Kombucha, Magic Elixir or Funky Tea? (Thanks, Veronica A.) http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/09/30/226531998/kombucha-magical-health-elixir-or-just-funky-tea
- Low Calorie Fries at Burger King: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/burger-king-launching-lower-calorie-french-fry-20356013
- My Food Will Kill You (Thanks, Jimmy Moore): http://www.bloomberg.com/video/my-food-will-kill-you-heart-attack-grill-s-basso-iJoqlgeOQ4~Xf~OgRbwOhA.html
- 2-year old has Gastric Bypass Surgery (Thanks, Chef Handsey: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2426722/Saudi-Arabian-boys-gastric-bypass-surgery-worlds-youngest-2-years-old.html
- Popular Paleo Diet Still Has its Skeptics: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/28/3658043/popular-paleo-diet-still-has-its.html
Moment of Paleo
- The Low-hanging Fruit
- The Kitava Study: http://www.staffanlindeberg.com/TheKitavaStudy.html
- Exercise as Effective as Drugs: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-01/exercise-may-be-as-effective-as-drugs-in-treating-heart-disease.html
After the Bell
- Professor Daniel Lieberman, TEDx — Brains, Brawn, and the evolution of the Human Body: http://youtu.be/OtQhybh4zug
This Week's Music Selections
- http://ccmixter.org/files/cuajitoben/29148 - Opening
- http://ccmixter.org/files/Zapac/26047 - Intro
- http://ccmixter.org/files/rocavaco/24638 - Outro