On this episode, Dr. John McDougall takes us on a near-50-year journey as a doctor, educator, and even a 15-year stretch as a radio talk show host. He explains his dietary positions, and why he believes the human diet should be based on starch. While Dr. McDougall doesn't consider himself a vegan, he recommends no meat in the diet and explains why (his answer may surprise you). Dr. McDougall also holds strong opinions with regard to medical screenings, and he discusses these views as well. Listen in for an audio experience I hope you'll enjoy.
- PuraKai - NEW!! Use coupon code "latestinpaleo" for 15% off clothing orders. Amazingly comfortable, responsible and stylish clothing & now eco-friendly stand-up paddle (SUP) boards, too! PuraKai: beach clothing & crafts for a Pure Ocean!
- Dr. John McDougall
- Home Page: https://www.drmcdougall.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DrJohnMcDougall/
- Twitter: @johnmcdougallmd
- About Dr. McDougall: https://www.drmcdougall.com/about/dr-john-mcdougall/
- Dr. John McDougall Search on PubMed
- The Early Years of Dr. John McDougall
- 2000 USDA Diet Debate
- John McDougall Interviews Nathan Pritikin
- Feynman: Look at the World from a Different View
- Dr. Ron Rosedale on Evolution & Longevity
- Ancestral Health Society - Boulder Conference
- For Evolving Brains, a Paleo Diet Full of Carbs
- NBC Special Report Surgeon General Report on Smoking
- Dr. McDougall Interviews Nathan Pritikin
- Dr Peter Gøtzsche talks about his views on prescreening for breast and prostate cancer
- Amazon Shoppers!
This Week's Music Selections
- Add'l Music
Keywords: Dr. John McDougall, starch diet, carbohydrates, vegetarian, vegan, Paleo, low-carb, Pritikin, Atkins, podcast, radio, audio, health, Plant Paleo.