Glenn Whitney and Darryl Edwards join your host, Angelo Coppola, to discuss News & Views. Stories include: how screens act as sedatives for children; the latest trends in obesity in the US; a recent study about Paleo and heart disease; and the evolution of risk in dogs and wolves. The Moment of Paleo segment offers ideas about the folly of seeking chronic motivation. After the Bell features a recent presentation by Stephan Guyenet about the relevance of calorie intake.
- PuraKai - Use coupon code "latestinpaleo" for 15% off clothing orders. Amazingly comfortable, responsible and stylish clothing & now eco-friendly stand-up paddle (SUP) boards, too! PuraKai: beach clothing & crafts for a Pure Ocean!
- Darryl Edwards a.k.a. The Fitness Explorer
- Homepage: PrimalPlay.com
- Twitter: @fitnessexplorer
- Facebook: Darryl Edwards the Fitness Explorer
- AHS '16 Presentation: http://www.primalplay.com/blog/ancestral-health-symposium-2016-presentation-no-play-no-gain
- Glenn Whitney
News & Views
- Mobile Screens Act as Sedatives
- Press Release: iPads as effective as sedatives for children before operations
- Mother Jones: Screen Time Works as Well as Sedatives in Calming Kids Down
- Newsweek: IPADS WORK LIKE SEDATIVES TO CALM CHILDREN
- Popular Science: PLAYING AN IPAD GAME IS JUST AS SOOTHING AS SEDATIVES
- Fattest US States
- CDC: Adult Obesity Prevalence Maps
- CBS News: Do you live in one of America's fattest states?
- San Francisco Chronicle: Louisiana retains worst adult obesity rate in 2015
- Explainia.com (audio clip): Calculate Your Body Mass Index
- Paleo Diet & Heart Disease
- Medical News Today: The Paleo diet: Could it reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease?
- Diabetes.co.uk: Eight-week paleo diet may aid cardiovascular disease, study suggests
- Evolution and Risk
- Science Daily: 'Gambling' wolves take more risks than dogs
- Business Standard: Foraging for food, wolves would take more risks than dogs
Moment of Paleo
- The Folly of Seeking Chronic Motivation
Support the Show!
- Visit LatestInPaleo.com and see the right-hand sidebar to make a donation with PayPal or Bitcoin.
- Thank you to everyone who continues to support the show with their recurring donations.
- Amazon! This site participates in the Amazon Associates Program, which provides us with a means to earn advertising fees:
- Book and Audiobook Recommendations
After the Bell
- Stephan Guyenet
- 2016 Ancestral Health Symposium: Calorie Intake
This Week's Music Selections
- Pre-roll: Bedtime Blues
- Intro: Test Drive
- PuraKai Ad: Three Minutes to Escape
- Moment of Paleo: From "Oldest African Drumming Footage Ever"
- Outro: Terra Amazonia
- After the Bell: A Conversation with Myself