Meredith Rhodes and Roland Denzel join us to discuss News & Views. Stories include: the effectiveness of wearable fitness and diet trackers, what the gut microbiomes of obese kids tell us, whether stress erases the benefits of a healthy diet, and what we can learn from a new Blue Zone identified in southern Italy. The Moment of Paleo segment throws around ideas about working to get ahead. After the Bell features Dan Ariely, professor of economics, discussing whether we are really in control of our own decisions.
- PuraKai - Use coupon code "latestinpaleo" for 15% off clothing orders. Amazingly comfortable, responsible and stylish clothing & now eco-friendly stand-up paddle (SUP) boards, too! PuraKai: beach clothing & crafts for a Pure Ocean!
- Meredith Rhodes
- Roland Denzel
News & Views
- Wearable Devices
- Obese Kids Have Different Gut Flora
- Stress Erases Diet Benefits
- Study: Depression, daily stressors and inflammatory responses to high-fat meals: when stress overrides healthier food choices
- Sci-Tech Today: Chill Out, Ladies. Stress Can Erase the Benefits of Your Healthful Diet
- New York Times: Stress May Counteract Effects of a Healthful Diet
- Ohio State University: A tough day could erase the perks of choosing ‘good’ fat sources, study finds
- Living to 100
Moment of Paleo
- Working to Get Ahead
Support the Show!
- Visit LatestInPaleo.com and see the right-hand sidebar to make a donation with PayPal or Bitcoin.
- Thank you to everyone who continues to support the show with their recurring donations.
- Amazon! This site participates in the Amazon Associates Program, which provides us with a means to earn advertising fees:
- Book and Audiobook Recommendations
After the Bell
- TED / Dan Ariely: Are We Really in Control of Our Decisions?
This Week's Music Selections