Evelyn Kocur and Meredith Rhodes join me, Angelo Coppola, to discuss News & Views*. Stories include: the sugar industry's influence on research, David Katz on the Paleo Diet, alcohol and exercise, and how daily cannabis use might affect BMI. The Moment of Paleo segment covers trust in the media. After the Bell features Dr. David Agus' new strategy in the war on cancer.
*Many listeners have noted Kocur's passionate/combative style. I believe this was genuinely unintentional. She has graciously apologized on the show, on Twitter, and privately. I harbor no hard feelings and consider it water under the bridge. The episode is still thought-provoking and informative! If the tone makes it difficult for you to listen, though, you may still enjoy fast-forwarding to the Moment of Paleo and After the Bell segments.
- Purakai - Use coupon code "latestinpaleo" for 15% off clothing orders. Amazingly comfortable, responsible and stylish clothing & now eco-friendly stand-up paddle (SUP) boards, too. PuraKai: beach clothing & crafts for a Pure Ocean.
- Evelyn Kocur, a.k.a. Carbsane
- Homepage: The Carb-sane Asylum
- Twitter: @carbsane
- Facebook: The Carb-sane Asylum Fan Page
- Relevant article: The Slimey Truth About Sugar Slammers ~ Links & Background
- Meredith Rhodes, a.k.a The Forward Health Coach
News & Views
- Sugar Industry Influencing Research
- NY Times: How the Sugar Industry Shifted Blame to Fat
- Quartz: Behind the sugar industry’s 50-year mission to axe its link to heart disease
- KQED: Sugar Industry Funded 1960s Harvard Research That Blamed Heart Disease on Fat
- NPR: Sugar Shocked? The Rest Of Food Industry Pays For Lots Of Research, Too
- Nutrevolve: JAMA Internal Medicine – Sugar Industry
- Nutrevolve: RE: The Sugar Conspiracy
- The Atlantic / John Ionnidis: Lies, Damned Lies, and Medical Science
- Dr. David Katz on Paleo
- New Haven Register: Dr. David Katz: Preventive Medicine: Parsing the ‘Paleo’ diet
- Alcohol / Exercise
- Cannabis & BMI
Moment of Paleo
Trust in the Media
Support the Show!
- Thank you Tom B. in Asheville, NC!
- Visit LatestInPaleo.com and see the right-hand sidebar to make a donation with PayPal or Bitcoin.
- Recurring Donors
- Thank you to everyone who continues to support the show with their recurring donations.
- Here’s an easy way you can help, too! Shop on Amazon.com as you normally would…just use one of the links below for your country. You’ll get the same selection, pricing, service, and shipping you’re accustomed to receiving. Thank you!
- Book and Audiobook Recommendations
After the Bell
- TED / David Agus: A new strategy in the war on cancer
THIS WEEK’S MUSIC SELECTIONS
- Pre-roll: Bedtime Blues
- Intro: Test Drive
- PuraKai Ad: Three Minutes to Escape
- Moment of Paleo: From “Oldest African Drumming Footage Ever”
- Outro: Terra Amazonia
- After the Bell: A Conversation with Myself