A review of cancer data has Canada changing its guidelines on colon cancer screenings, while in other cancer news a study has the medical community asking if living with cancer can be better for patients than curing it. Also in the News & Views segment, Whole Foods changes it's mind about replacing nature's packaging for oranges. Also, a new study looks at how mimicking a Paleolithic lifestyle—in the woods with no shelter—might affect metabolic health. In the Moment of Paleo the topic is waiting...is it really so bad? Today's documentary & book recommendations and After the Bell segment are each about ultra hikes along mega trails. Enjoy the show!
- PuraKai - Use coupon code "latestinpaleo" for 15% off clothing orders. Amazingly comfortable, responsible and stylish clothing & now eco-friendly stand-up paddle (SUP) boards, too! PuraKai: beach clothing & crafts for a Pure Ocean!
- Curing Type 2 Diabetes
- Humans Are Not Broken: Reversing Type 2 Diabetes: The University of Newcastle Research with Diet Plan
- Documentary Recommendation
- New Book Recommendation
- List of All Book and Audiobook Recommendations
News & Views
- Pre-peeled Oranges
- Fortune.com: Whole Foods Pulls Pre-Peeled Oranges After Massive Twitter Backlash
- NBC News: Whole Foods: We're sorry for selling peeled oranges in plastic containers
- Colonoscopy Guidelines Changed in Canada
- Reuters: Canadian experts say 'no' to colonoscopy for colon cancer screening
- Health News Review: Colonoscopies: America’s gold standard, while Canada says they’re not justified
- Global News: New Colon Cancer Screen Guidelines Issued
- American Cancer Society: American Cancer Society recommendations for colorectal cancer early detection
- Dr. John McDougall: Early Detection for Cancer is a Risky Business
- Choosing Wisely: SGIM Releases List of Commonly Used Tests and Treatments to Question as Part of Choosing Wisely Campaign
- NextAvenue: Do You Really Need to Get an Annual Checkup?
- Medical News Today: Effects of Cancer Screening on Overall Mortality Overstated
- Living with Cancer or Cure?
- Science Translational Medicine (study): Exploiting evolutionary principles to prolong tumor control in preclinical models of breast cancer
- The Telegraph: Don't kill cancer, learn to live with it, say scientists
- TIME: Controlling Cancer May Be Better Than Getting Rid of It Entirely: Study
- Newsy: Living With Cancer Might Be Better Than Trying To Cure It
- Paleo Lifestyle Study
Support the Show!
- Visit LatestInPaleo.com and see the right-hand sidebar to make a donation with PayPal or Bitcoin.
- Thank you to everyone who continues to support the show with their recurring donations.
- Amazon! This site participates in the Amazon Associates Program, which provides us with a means to earn advertising fees:
- Book and Audiobook Recommendations
Moment of Paleo
- Waiting is.
After the Bell
- David Kallin - TEDx
- TED.com The 2,185 Mile Hike
This Week's Music Selections
- Pre-roll: Bedtime Blues
- Intro: Test Drive
- PuraKai: Three Minutes to Escape
- Moment of Paleo: From "Oldest African Drumming Footage Ever"
- Outro: Terra Amazonia
- After the Bell: A Conversation with Myself