On this week's News & Views we cover: NSAIDs like Ibuprofen, Celebrex, and Naproxen; new research that suggests high HDL is not heart protective; and how worrying about health can actually affect your health. The food for thought continues in the Moment of Paleo segment, which explores the things we cannot do when we must do them. After the Bell features a talk by Alan Watts on the topic of Double Binds.
News & Views
- Ibuprofen, Celebrex, and the Heart
- New England Journal of Medicine: Cardiovascular Safety of Celecoxib, Naproxen, or Ibuprofen for Arthritis
- CBS News: Celebrex arthritis drug safety study surprises heart experts
- Forbes: Surprise! Arthritis Drug Celebrex Shown As Safe As Ibuprofen And Naproxen
- TIME: Ibuprofen May Not Be As Safe As You Think
- NY Mag: Ibuprofen Might Not Be That Safe After All, According to a New Study
- High HDL Cholesterol & Health
- Journal of the American College of Cardiology: High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol and Cause-Specific Mortality in Individuals Without Previous Cardiovascular Conditions
- Medline Plus: Does 'Good' Cholesterol Matter in Heart Disease Risk?
- CBS News: What you need to know about "good" cholesterol
- Harvard Medical School: Low levels of HDL (the “good” cholesterol) appear connected to many health risks, not just heart disease
- Genetic Literacy Project: Bombshell health study: Raising HDL “good” cholesterol does not help prevent heart disease
- How Worrying About Health Affects Health
- British Medical Journal, Open: Health anxiety and risk of ischaemic heart disease: a prospective cohort study linking the Hordaland Health Study (HUSK) with the Cardiovascular Diseases in Norway (CVDNOR) project
- Medical News Today: Worrying about health increases heart disease risk
- The Guardian: Can worrying about your health make you ill?
- NBC News: Worried sick? Stressing that you’ll get an illness can make you sick, study says
Moment of Paleo
- Whoever Must Play Cannot Play
After the Bell
- Alan Watts: The Double Bind
Support the Show!
- Why and how to support Latest in Paleo: LatestInPaleo.com/support
- Donations. Thank you to everyone who supports our show via one-time and recurring donations. Use the link directly above if you'd like to make a donation.
- Amazon. This site participates in the Amazon Associates Program, which provides a means for generating revenues that make our show possible. Please use these links to shop on Amazon:
- Amazon & Audible Books: My Recommendations
This Week's Music Selections
- Pre-roll & Post-roll - http://ccmixter.org/files/cuajitoben/29148
- Intro - http://ccmixter.org/files/Zapac/26047
- Shinrin Yoku Update - https://soundcloud.com/angelocoppola/playing-with-spirit
- Moment of Paleo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW2Ht2fuP2w
- Outro - http://ccmixter.org/files/rocavaco/24638
- After the Bell - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aufuwMiKmE