On today's show, we are joined by Dr. Jason Fung and Jimmy Moore, co-authors of The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-day, and Extended Fasting. We discuss Jimmy Moore’s current 21-day fast attempt, whether fasting is safe, fasting's track record, the benefits of fasting with regards to weight loss, diabetes, insulin levels, and longevity. Other topics include fasting for women, issues people may experience when fasting, and various methods of fasting. You'll also learn how Dr. Fung and Jimmy Moore implement fasting in their own lives. Then, we have have more food-for-thought dessert in our Moment of Paleo and After the Bell segments. Don't miss the next Health News Ticker!
- Dr. Jason Fung
- Website / Blog: Intensive Dietary Management
- Twitter: @drjasonfung
- YouTube: Dr. Jason Fung
- Jimmy Moore
Support the Show!
- Why and how to support Latest in Paleo: LatestInPaleo.com/support
- Donations. Thank you to everyone who supports our show via one-time and recurring donations.
- Amazon. This site participates in the Amazon Associates Program, which provides a means for generating revenues that make our show possible. Please use these links when you shop on Amazon:
- Book and Audiobook Recommendations
Moment of Paleo
- Balance by adding, subtracting, and removing.
After the Bell
- Dr. Jason Fung
- YouTube: The Aetiology of Obesity
This Week's Music Selections
- Pre-roll & Post-roll - http://ccmixter.org/files/cuajitoben/29148
- Intro - http://ccmixter.org/files/Zapac/26047
- Shinrin Yoku Update - https://soundcloud.com/angelocoppola/playing-with-spirit
- Moment of Paleo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW2Ht2fuP2w
- Outro - http://ccmixter.org/files/rocavaco/24638
- After the Bell - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aufuwMiKmE (from the beginning)