On this episode, we are joined by Dr. Anastasia Boulais and Jamie Scott all the way from Christchurch, New Zealand. She's a medical doctor and he is a workplace wellness consultant—both are founding members of the Ancestral Health Society of New Zealand. We discuss: active transportation, workplace wellness, the Maori, obesity in the West, the present "state of Paleo," sustainability, epigenetics, the upcoming Ancestral Health Symposium in NZ, and much more. After the Bell, it's Kiwi Ellis Emmet talking about adventure.
- Audiobook Recommendations
- The Blue Zones (Amazon / Audible): audiobook • US • CA • UK • DE
- The Blue Zones Solution (Amazon / Audible): audiobook • US • CA • UK • DE
- Free 30-day Audible Membership - Get some reading done on your commute or walks! Audible is an Amazon company that provides audiobooks you can listen to on your phone, music player, or computer. Your free trial includes two free audiobooks, so you can choose both Blue Zones books, or perhaps just one of them and another book of your choice.
- Mice, belly fat, and meal timing
- Medical News Today: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/294226.php
- Dr. Anastasia Boulais and Jamie Scott
- Other links
- The Maori: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C4%81ori_people
- Seven Generation Sustainability: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_generation_sustainability
- Kaitiakitanga (Guardianship and Conservation): http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/kaitiakitanga-guardianship-and-conservation
- Thank you Deepak M. in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- A special thanks to all Latest in Paleo supporters who have set up recurring monthly donors!
- And you, too! Use a Latest in Paleo Amazon Link before your next online purchase...costs you nothing and makes Latest in Paleo possible. It's as easy as using one of the links below to visit the Amazon homepage for your country to reach Amazon's homepage.
After the Bell
- Ellis Emmet - TEDx Christchurch - "Make Your Own Discoveries"
This Week's Music Selections
- http://ccmixter.org/files/cuajitoben/29148 - Bluesy Opening
- http://ccmixter.org/files/Zapac/26047 - Intro Music
- https://www.jamendo.com/en/track/628319/cherry-instrumental-version - Jamie's & Anastasia's Interview
- https://www.jamendo.com/en/track/147264/the-kiwi - Jamie's Story
- https://www.jamendo.com/en/track/21501/trust - eMeals
- http://ccmixter.org/files/rocavaco/24638 - Outro