In the News & Views segment: The Victorian Era Diet; study sheds light on portion sizes; gut bacteria tell us when we're full. In the Hunter-gatherer segment: the Awa. The Moment of Paleo explores ideas around indulging on holidays. And After the Bell features a talk about making stress work for you. This talk complements the National Geographic documentary recommendation at the beginning of the show featuring Robert Sapolsky. Enjoy the show!
- PuraKai - NEW!! Use coupon code "latestinpaleo" for 15% off clothing orders. Amazingly comfortable, responsible and stylish clothing & now eco-friendly stand-up paddle (SUP) boards, too! PuraKai: beach clothing & crafts for a Pure Ocean!
- Documentary Recommendation
- Stress, Portrait of a Killer
- Full Movie (YouTube): https://youtu.be/eYG0ZuTv5rs
- Stress, Portrait of a Killer
- Book Recommendation (Full List)
News & Views
- Victorian Diet
- Study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2587384/
- Spectator: https://health.spectator.co.uk/forget-paleo-go-mid-victorian-its-the-healthiest-diet-youve-never-heard-of/
- YouTube (documentary): https://youtu.be/P0smwl-D8F0?t=7m6s
- NY Daily News: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/victorian-diet-healthier-thought-article-1.2436469
- Smaller Portions
- Cochrane.org: http://ccc.cochrane.org/news/bmj-press-release-reducing-food-portion-sizes-critical-tackle-obesity-argue-experts
- Social Science Research Network: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2689199
- EurekAlert: http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2015-12/b-rfp120115.php
- The Independent: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/obesity-selling-smaller-food-portions-could-solve-crisis-say-scientists-a6757781.html
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRJW6jbIrFk
- Daily Mail (infographics): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3343129/Take-portion-sizes-1950s-beat-obesity-say-scientists-warn-portions-20-years-ballooned.html
- Gut Bacteria Tell Us We're Full
- Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/in-the-amazon-the-worlds-most-endangered-tribe-has-few-options/2015/11/30/dae41fd0-6621-11e5-bdb6-6861f4521205_story.html
- The Sydney Morning Herald: http://www.smh.com.au/world/smiles-mark-uneasiness-for-most-endangered-tribe-on-earth-20151201-gld079.html
- The Ecologist: http://www.theecologist.org/News/news_analysis/1818305/genocide_in_northeastern_brazil_when_will_it_end.html
- Y0uTube: https://youtu.be/fx5A-hwhDZI?t=5m6s
- Thank you Deepak M. in Jersey City, NJ; Brian S. in Louisville, KY; Joseph P. in Atlanta, GA; Alma K in Perth, West Australia.
- Thank you as well to those who have established automatic monthly donations. Your continuing support is greatly appreciated!
- And you, too! Use a Latest in Paleo Amazon Link before your next online purchase...costs you nothing and makes Latest in Paleo possible. It's as easy as using one of the links below to visit the Amazon homepage for your country to reach Amazon's homepage.
Moment of Paleo
- To Indulge or Not to Indulge...
After the Bell
- Kelly McGonigal: How to Make Stress Your Friend
- TED: https://goo.gl/vRSQhA
This Week's Music Selections
- http://ccmixter.org/files/cuajitoben/29148 - Opening
- http://ccmixter.org/files/Zapac/26047 - Intro
- https://www.jamendo.com/en/track/21501/trust - PuraKai
- https://soundcloud.com/angelocoppola/playing-with-spirit - Shinrin Yoku Update
- http://thehadzalastofthefirst.com/watch-now/ (from a scene herein)- Listener Questions
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW2Ht2fuP2w - Moment of Paleo
- http://ccmixter.org/files/rocavaco/24638 - Outro
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aufuwMiKmE (from the beginning)- After the Bell