On this week's show: What happens when Coca-Cola funds obesity research? Is healthy obesity really a myth? What is second-hand stress? Does eating meat off the bone make kids misbehave? In the Moment of Paleo we discuss valuing life. And in the After the Bell segment, Dr. Robert Sapolsky discusses what makes us human.
- PuraKai - Use coupon code "latestinpaleo" for free shipping on all orders. Amazingly comfortable, responsible threads. PuraKai is the grass-fed beef of clothing. Clothing for men, women & children. Check out the new beanies!
- TX Bar Organics - Use coupon code "latestinpaleo" to save 10% (one word, all lowercase). Grass-fed and grass finished raised on a family ranch in California. They provide steaks, roasts, offal cuts, ribs, stew meat, ground beef and more shipped anywhere in the continental United States.
- Just Eat It Trailer
- Just Eat It: http://foodwastemovie.com/
- When Obesity Research is Funded by Coca-Cola
- Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryhusten/2014/04/27/what-role-should-coca-cola-play-in-obesity-research/
- Guardian LV: http://guardianlv.com/2014/04/obesity-should-coca-cola-play-role-in-research/
- Medical Marketing & Media: http://www.mmm-online.com/research-conflicts-not-limited-to-pharma/article/344649/
- GeoBeats News, YouTube: http://youtu.be/m9NO95am_mE
- Journal of American College of Cardiology: http://content.onlinejacc.org/mobile/article.aspx?articleid=1831436
- Healthy Obesity is a Myth
- Mount Sinai: http://www.mountsinai.on.ca/about_us/news/2013-news/2018healthy-obesity2019-is-a-myth-say-researchers-at-mount-sinai-hospital
- TIME: http://time.com/82848/theres-no-such-thing-as-healthy-obesity-says-study/
- Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/05/01/obese-and-healthy-maybe-not-study-says/
- WebMD: http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20140430/is-healthy-obesity-a-myth
- Dr. Weil, YouTube (video): http://youtu.be/yYUARHZLOg4
- Mother Jones: http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-well-being/stories/its-really-not-possible-to-be-obese-and-healthy-says-new-study
- Journal of American College of Cardiology: http://www.cardiosource.org/news-media/publications/cardiology-magazine/2014/04/metabolically-healthy-obesity-found-to-be-associated-with-coronary-atherosclerosis.aspx?w_nav=LN
- Secondhand Stress
- Child Behavior and Eating Meat on the Bone
- Cornell University: http://foodpsychology.cornell.edu/OP/bite_vs_chew
- Science Direct: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1471015314000397
- Newsy (video): http://www.newsy.com/videos/could-eating-chicken-on-the-bone-make-kids-more-aggressive/
- Geekosystem: http://www.geekosystem.com/chewing-affects-behavior/
- Thank you Dano Machaud in Seward, AK; Lilian H. in Evanston, IL; Patrick F. in Seattle, WA; Andrew L. in Mitcham, Victoria, Australia; and Shawn J. in Lakeland, FL.
- And you, too! Use a Latest in Paleo Amazon Link before your next online purchase...costs you nothing and makes Latest in Paleo possible. It's as easy as using one of the links below to visit the Amazon homepage for your country to reach Amazon's homepage.
Moment of Paleo
- Valuing food = valuing life
After the Bell
- What Makes Us Human? - Dr. Robert Sapolsky
- YouTube: http://youtu.be/zhoXXpRhpgI
This Week's Music Selections
- http://ccmixter.org/files/cuajitoben/29148 - Opening
- http://ccmixter.org/files/Zapac/26047 - Intro
- http://ccmixter.org/files/rocavaco/24638 - Outro