On this week's show: Exactly what you'd do if you could do anything; the saturated fat question; too much running and longevity; the toxins in our everyday lives that harm us. Plus, a Moment of Paleo featuring a take on a few of Bertrand Russell's ideas and Alan Watts After the Bell.
- PuraKai - Use coupon code "latestinpaleo" for free shipping on all orders. Amazingly comfortable, responsible threads. PuraKai is the grass-fed beef of clothing. Clothing for men, women & children. Check out the new beanies!
- TX Bar Organics - Use coupon code "latestinpaleo" to save 10% (one word, all lowercase). Grass-fed and grass finished raised on a family ranch in California. They provide steaks, roasts, offal cuts, ribs, stew meat, ground beef and more shipped anywhere in the continental United States.
- The Surprise Holodeck
- Saturated Fat Not Associated with Heart Disease (Thanks, John I., Marius V., Robin E., et. al.)
- 7news Australia (video): http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/video/watch/22059708/fat-or-fiction/
- Annals of Internal Medicine: http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=1846638&resultClick=3
- NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/29/opinion/eat-more-butter-and-fat.html?_r=0
- Science Daily: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/03/140305191429.htm
- NPR (audio): http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/03/31/295719579/rethinking-fat-the-case-for-adding-some-into-your-diet
- NPR (audio): http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/03/28/295332576/why-we-got-fatter-during-the-fat-free-food-boom
- Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2582867/Saturated-fat-DOESNT-cause-heart-disease-all.html
- Running Toward a Shorter Lifespan
- WTKR: http://wtkr.com/2014/03/16/young-woman-dies-after-running-shamrock-half-marathon/
- CBS: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/too-much-running-tied-to-shorter-lifespan-studies-find/
- WebMD: http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/news/20140401/too-much-running-tied-to-shorter-lifespan-studies-find
- Runners World: http://www.runnersworld.com/health/survey-seeks-answers-about-running-and-longevity
- Health Day: http://consumer.healthday.com/fitness-information-14/misc-health-news-265/too-much-running-linked-to-shorter-lifespan-studies-find-686310.html
- The Toxins that Threaten Our Brains (Thanks, Adam S.)
- The Atlantic: http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2014/03/the-toxins-that-threaten-our-brains/284466/
- Rodale News: http://www.rodalenews.com/plastic-facts
- Vietnamese Coffee Filter (inexpensive, platic-free, stainless steel alternative to single-serve coffee makers)
- Thank you Anonymous (via BitCoin); and thank you Catherine C. in Coram, NY.
- And you, too! Use a Latest in Paleo Amazon Link before your next online purchase...costs you nothing and makes Latest in Paleo possible. It's as easy as using one of the links below to visit the Amazon homepage for your country to reach Amazon's homepage.
Moment of Paleo
- The Question Mark
After the Bell
- Alan Watts - Returning Nature to Nature
This Week's Music Selections
- http://ccmixter.org/files/cuajitoben/29148 - Opening
- http://ccmixter.org/files/Zapac/26047 - Intro
- http://ccmixter.org/files/rocavaco/24638 - Outro