In today's show we start with a little Paleo Diet satire, and then we talk about: studies that say intermittent fasting is great for weight loss but could also lead to an increased chance of heart disease. Find out why Naked Juice isn't claiming to be "all-natural" anymore. We also discuss stem-cell beef, which is making it's debut soon. In the Moment of Paleo segment, I answer some questions like "What is Paleo?" and "What does Humans are not Broken mean?" After the bell, we've got a fantastic real-food clip featuring Michael Pollan.
Support for the Show
- TX Organics - Use coupon code "latestinpaleo" to save 10% (one word, all lowercase). Grass-fed and grass finished raised on a family ranch in California. They provide steaks, roasts, offal cuts, ribs, stew meat, ground beef and more shipped anywhere in the continental United States.
- Listener Donations
- None, but you can donate at Humans Are Not Broken (see the right-hand sidebar)!
- And you! Use a Latest in Paleo Amazon Link before your next online purchase...costs you nothing, helps the show big time.
- Paleo Diet System (Thanks, Kris!) - http://youtu.be/UBYWrPFBf7M
- Intermittent Fasting (Thanks, John!)
- Skipping Breakfast - Heart Attack Risk?
- Not So Naked Juice (Thanks, Alec!)
- Mars Burger (Thanks, Mark!)
Moment of Paleo
- What is Paleo? What does 'Humans are not broken' mean? What have I learned since going Paleo? And more...
After the Bell
- Michael Pollan Interview: http://youtu.be/DtDzP4uDsHg
This Week's Music Selections
- http://ccmixter.org/files/cuajitoben/29148 - Opening
- http://ccmixter.org/files/Zapac/26047 - Intro
- http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/346697/hungry - Intermittent Fasting
- http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/319126/le-jour-du-roi - Naked Juice
- http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/549834/laboratory - Stem-cell Burgers
- http://ccmixter.org/files/rocavaco/24638 - Outro