In this week's show, we talk about new research that identifies a gut bacteria we all have that can help overweight people and type 2 diabetics. Also, there's some crazy stuff going on with our food system from rogue GMOs in the wild that aren't even supposed to exist to an outbreak of hepatitis caused by mixed berries sold at Costco. You'll hear a review of a cookbook called Gather. After the Bell it's Charles Eisenstein.
Support for the Show
- ManGrate - Perfect grilling makes the perfect Father's Day gift. Use coupon code "PALEO" for the best prices.
- Primal Pacs - Receive 10% off Primal Pacs, the grass-fed, real, unprocessed jerky, nuts and dried fruit snacks. Finally, high quality Paleo snacks are affordable. Try one, or save even more with additional volume discounts!
- Jason V. in Kentucky; Ed G. in Pennsylvania
- And you! Use a Latest in Paleo Amazon Link before your next online purchase...costs you nothing, helps the show big time.
- Seeds of Death (Thanks, Jodi!)
- GMO Wheat Colbert (Thanks @KeithRumyanMD!)
- How These Gut Bacteria Can Help You Lose Weight
- Where's the Meat?! Foods that Pretend. (Thanks, Mark!)
- Shut Down the Berry Industry! Raid the Farms!
- Gather: The Art of Paleo Entertaining
After the Bell
This Week's Music Selections
- http://ccmixter.org/files/cuajitoben/29148 - Opening
- http://ccmixter.org/files/Zapac/26047 - Intro
- http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/205134/ecco-4 - Gut Bacteria Lose Weight
- http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/731426/fake - Where's the Meat?!
- http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/938348/mon-piano-de-bnars - Berries
- http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/765463/where-friends-gather-- - Gather
- http://ccmixter.org/files/rocavaco/24638 - Outro