James Clear shares with us the dramatic story of how his baseball career almost came to an end in his youth. In the interview, we discuss resistance exercises, why they are important, and how one can get started. Also discussed are foods eaten on workout days versus off days, intermittent fasting, and the practice of forming good schedules and habits.
Support for the Show
- ManGrate - Perfect grilling makes the perfect Father's Day gift. Use coupon code "PALEO" for the best prices.
- Primal Pacs - Receive 10% off Primal Pacs, the grass-fed, real, unprocessed jerky, nuts and dried fruit snacks. Finally, high quality Paleo snacks are affordable. Try one, or save even more with additional volume discounts!
- Victoria H. in Hawaii; Chris J. in Santa Cruz, CA; and Robert W. in Hannover, PA
- And you! Use a Latest in Paleo Amazon Link before your next online purchase...costs you nothing, helps the show big time.
- James Clear http://www.jamesclear.com
- Free resources for Latest in Paleo listeners http://www.jamesclear.com/lip
- The full 38–page guide on mastering your physical and mental habits
- How to improve your focus and concentration (lessons from a lion tamer)
- The Beginner’s Guide to Intermittent Fasting (the complete 3,300 word guide!)
- 12 Lessons from 1 Year of Intermittent Fasting (don’t make the same mistakes I did)
- New ideas every Monday and Thursday on how to get stronger, lose fat, and live longer
After the Bell
- Neil Gaiman - Inspirational Commencement Speech at the University of the Arts 2012 http://youtu.be/ikAb-NYkseI
This Week's Music Selections
- http://ccmixter.org/files/cuajitoben/29148 - Opening
- http://ccmixter.org/files/Zapac/26047 - Intro
- http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/3682/osaeris - James’ Story
- http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/675423/hapiness-is-a-choice - Interview
- http://ccmixter.org/files/rocavaco/24638 - Outro