On today's show: A couple of movie recommendations. Why do we sleep? Are we "over-medicalized? How has human nutrition evolved? What is the role of cooking in human evolution? Moment of Paleo: Why must we reevaluate and reinvent? After the Bell: Current Human Culture.
Support for the Show
- ManGrate - Just set a ManGrate on your grill and you get 8 lbs of iron that reduce flare ups, hold the heat, cooks your meat like the pros, and leaves perfect grill marks every time. See the video that explains it here. Great for the holidays!
- PuraKai - Use coupon code "latestinpaleo" for free shipping on all orders. Amazingly comfortable, responsible threads. PuraKai is the grass-fed beef of clothing. Clothing for men, women & children. Check out the new beanies!
- TX Bar Organics - Use coupon code "latestinpaleo" to save 10% (one word, all lowercase). Grass-fed and grass finished raised on a family ranch in California. They provide steaks, roasts, offal cuts, ribs, stew meat, ground beef and more shipped anywhere in the continental United States.
- Listeners Making Donations
- Thank you Ian B. in Port Hardy, British Columbia, Canada; Doug B. in Atlanta, Georgia; and Andy B. in Puyallup, WA.
- And you, too! Use a Latest in Paleo Amazon Link before your next online purchase...costs you nothing, helps the show big time.
- Russel Foster: Why Do We Sleep?
- Ivan Oransky: Are We Over Medicalized?
- Alyssa Crittenden: The Evolution of Human Nutrition: Current Hunter-Gatherer Diets
- YouTube: http://youtu.be/kaKT9rSnsoA
- Richard Wrangham: The Role of Cooking in Human Evolution
Moment of Paleo
- Reevaluate and Reinvent
After the Bell
- Alan Watts: Current Human Culture
- YouTube: http://youtu.be/YMDu3JdQ8Ow
This Week's Music Selections
- http://ccmixter.org/files/cuajitoben/29148 - Opening
- http://ccmixter.org/files/Zapac/26047 - Intro
- http://ccmixter.org/files/rocavaco/24638 - Outro