On today's show, we tackle the big question about fat by taking a look at recent worldwide reporting and media coverage of dietary fat. First, Nick Offerman offers his prose on the beauty of bacon. Then, we bounce from The Dr. Oz show and CBS News in America to the BBC in the UK to ABC's Catalyst in Australia -- they're all chiming in about fat. Sweden's government is making some changes to their dietary recommendations. And, we'll wrap up the show with 13 Nutritional Lies that have made people sick and overweight. After the Bell it's Dr. Assem Malhotra and Arthur Haines.
Support for the Show
- PuraKai - No-Charge Shipping with coupon code "latestinpaleo"! Amazing threads for the love of the ocean. Check out the great long-sleeve options. No-charge for returns.
- Listener Support
- A Big Thank You to: Jason H. in Ontario, Canada
- And you, too! Use a Latest in Paleo Amazon Link before your next online purchase...costs you nothing, helps the show big time.
- Nick Offerman Poetry Slam on Bacon
- Food Makers Pledge Saturated Fat Cut
- Grain Brain (Thanks, Ronald K.)
- Do Carbs Cause Alzheimer's? - Dr. Oz - http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/do-carbs-cause-alzheimers
- Memory Protected by Keeping Blood Sugar Low - CBS - http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57608999/memory-may-be-protected-by-keeping-blood-sugar-levels-low/
- Get the Book! Grain Brain on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BAXFCPO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00BAXFCPO&linkCode=as2&tag=hanb-20
- Butter Better than Margarine
- The Guardian (Thanks, Wendy B.): http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/oct/22/butter-cheese-saturated-fat-heart-specialist
- BBC (Thanks, David F., Carl F., et al. - video): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24625808
- Sweden Rejects Low-fat Dogma (Thanks, Loren G. & Shaun F.)
- Heart of the Matter (Thanks, Cyndi O.)
- ABC TV (Australia) - Catalyst - http://youtu.be/rDVf-00w5gk • http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/3876219.htm
- 13 Nutrition Lies That Made the World Sick and Fat (Thanks, Daria K.)
Moment of Paleo
- No Single Cause.
After the Bell
- Cardiologist: Don't Demonize Fat (Thanks, Tracey W.)
- Arthur Haines - Wild Food Nutrition (Thanks, Owen R.)
This Week's Music Selections
- http://ccmixter.org/files/cuajitoben/29148 - Opening
- http://ccmixter.org/files/Zapac/26047 - Intro
- http://ccmixter.org/files/rocavaco/24638 - Outro