In the news, we hear wheat farmers react to Bill O'Reilly's suggestion that the United States government sponsor a "Beware of Wheat" public service announcement. New York City's health panel considers banning large sodas...and more. We discuss what the meat industry is feed cattle. Where does your Vitamin C come from? There was 'anti-freeze' in some cereals when they were pulled from the shelves. What does it mean when a product claims that it is 'natural' on its label? We talk about how Americans are spending their grocery dollars and whether the Paleo Diet could be the answer for the future. Finally, a new study looks at mental illness and vegetarianism. In Paleo Land, Marks Daily Apple tells us how we can potentially answer questions about the primal or Paleo approach. The Moment of Paleo is about The Race to the Bottom, as it relates to food. There are two After the Bell segments this week.
- Animaniacs - Be Careful What You Eat
- Reaction to Bill O’Reilly Giving Up Wheat - KSN (Thanks, Nathan)
- Health Panel Talks About Wider Food Ban - My Fox NY
- Concerns About Meat Industry - NPR Fresh Air (Thanks, Matt)
- Antifreeze in Malt O'Meal - Minnesota Business Journal (Thanks, Mark)
- Lawsuit Slams Natural Claims - Associated Press (Thanks, Ricardo)
- What Americans Spend on Groceries - NPR Planet Money - (Thanks, Donna & Elana)
- Why Eating Like a Caveman May be the Way of the Future - io9
- Vegetarian Diet & Mental Disorders - PUBMED
- High Fat Diet is Healthy & Safe - Mark’s Daily Apple
- Race to the Bottom
- Obesity: To Win, We Have to Lose Government - Reason
- Holistic Planned Grazing
- Reversing Global Warming with Livestock
http://youtu.be/lOpoRdpvlh0 ⇒ Decided not to play this on the show, because it’s a bit too visual. Check it out, though -- worth watching.